Friday, February 26, 2010

DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS

Jimmy has an obsession with the University of Kentucky Wildcats.  He is one of those fans who paces, yells, pumps his fist multiple times in the air, reads recruitment blogs and watches games on a laptop mini screen when they aren’t televised in Colorado.  His heart pounds so fast, I’m sometimes worried it might stop completely.  Basketball is his thing and while it can get a bit excessive, I’m happy to step aside and watch him enjoy it.  When I found Garters by Kristi on Etsy, I not only found my garter, but also my something blue! 

Kristi makes sports themed garters for every team you could imagine.  The U of K version has a little gold basketball in the center and while a bit tacky and totally over the top, perfect for the die-hard in my life.  Kristi provides two, one for tossing and one to keep.  Though I’m not sure Jimmy will allow whoever the lucky guy is to catch it, keep it.  He’s devoted. 

I love personalizing the must-haves in our wedding.  Tradition is important to me and throwing in twists here and there to make it representative of us has allowed for many “A-Ha!” moments. 


Kristi's garters can be found at: www.gartersbykristi.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment