Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TRENDING: SASSY SHOES

If you know me, you know that on my free time I’m usually barefoot.  If I must wear heels to an event or for a night out, they typically come off within an hour and there is no telling where they end up.  I had no doubt that I wanted to wear flip-flops on my wedding day (for comfort and to avoid losing a $500 pair of shoes) and I figured my girls would enjoy that as well – not to mention, I didn’t want them towering over me in photos!  Brides can be very Carrie Bradshaw with a shoe choice; similar to the approach her man takes with his socks.  Go all out – it’s the best way to showcase your personal style and tie in color.  




Since yellow is so representative of spring and a key player in my color pallet, I’ve picked some favorites below.  Mostly heels because even though I have no business wearing them, it’s pure eye candy. 





Photo courtesy of Julie Harris; shoes from top: Valentino via perfect bound, Guess via The Knot - Agnes Lopez Photograhpy, Dollhouse via Jose Villa, Manolo Blahnik via Barneys 

1 comment:

  1. Liz,
    I am so loving your blog! It makes my smile and also makes me feel sane knowing that you are thinking the same things I am about traditional invitation copy (made me want to barf!) and shoes!!! I am wearing flat strappy sandals when I walk down the aisle - blue rose Tory Burch! I am thrilled to break the heel tradition as they are just not me (plus, I would be towering over my poor fiance!).

    Keep up the blogging.
    XO
    Al

    ReplyDelete